Friday, January 30, 2009

Family

We are not your typical family. Maybe disfunctional is the proper term. Randy and Rick don't talk they just grunt at each other. Randy calls his sister occasionally and talks smack to her, and Garrett talks smack to just about everyone, but if anyone outside the family were to say those things about any of them there would be hell to pay. Rick and Garrett rarely talk, but if Garrett's car breaks down or he needs something Rick is the first person he calls, because he knows no matter what Rick will be there for him. I guess what I am saying is that there is a strong sense of loyalty and love in our family, but you have to dig for it. When Sis had her cancer, there wasn't a day that went by that her brothers didn't ask me how she was. They truly do love her it is just not shown very often. It used to bother me that they were like that to each other, but not anymore. I have come to understand that they just have a hard time expressing their feelings. That is the fault of my husband and I because we both had very traumatic childhoods and learned very young to keep our feelings to ourselves to not be hurt. I just want them to know that I love them with all my heart and I am truly sorry for any part that I have played in making this a disfunctional family.

2 comments:

Bri said...

Whatever, you have a wonderful family

Dee said...

Hey at least we know how to laugh, laughter is what got me through the whole cancer ordeal. And mom you have always been my closest friend, maybe I didn't have hugs, but I could come to you about anything. I love you so much, lets just laugh till we pee our pants, now that Briana has had a kid, she will pee her pants too.