Monday, December 29, 2008

lazy day

I got up this morning and went for my walk about 6:oo. It was cold but not as cold as it has been. It is 72 here today and beautiful. I had a lot of things to do, but decided what the heck I am an old lady and I can do what ever I damn well please. I got dressed and went to Sears. I am looking for a new double oven, as I broke my old one. Sears is toooo expensive and they charge $ 175.00 for installation. Pacific Sales has one for just over $1500.00. The cheapest at Sears was over $2000.00. Maybe I will just use my convection oven for a while longer.

My love wants a recipe, so here it is.

Get out the slow cooker and put in a layer of chopped onions, a layer of sliced carrots, a layer of sliced celery, and a layer of cubed potatoes, sprinkle on a little salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme. Pour a can of chicken broth and a can of chopped tomatoes over it. Then take some boneless, skinless chicken thighs, salt and pepper them. Lay them on top of the other layers. Cover the slow cooker and cook until thighs are ready to fall apart. About 5 hours on high, 7 or 8 on low.

2 comments:

Bri said...

you're my love too. :)

Dee said...

Hey, what the heck, did I just get left out? I did, I think they totally left me out, Hey I want to be love too. Come on give me some.